AUSA has adopted two Security Force Assistance Brigades with the goal of providing a supporting relationship through their deployment. The 1st Battalion of the 5th Security Force Assistance Brigade (SFAB) kicks off Adopt-A-Unit series sharing their mission and deployment updates. Joining us to provide an update is COL David Rowland, Commander, 1st Battalion of the 5th SFAB and his team, CSM Calvin Overway, MAJ Scott Orr, the operations officers, and CPT LeShaun Smith a team leader. Learn about their mission to advise, support, liaise, and assess foreign partner units. Listen as they provide insight on how their selection process and pre-deployment process helps supports the brigade’s #1 priority – Readiness. The team shares the bedrock of the organization’s readiness are the Family Readiness groups that supports the family and mission success. To learn more about the SFAB organization follow them at the social media platforms listed below.
- COL David Rowland, Commander, 1st Battalion of the 5th SFAB
- CSM Calvin Overway, Operations Officer, 1st Battalion of the 5th SFAB
- MAJ Scott Orr, Operations Officer, 1st Battalion of the 5th SFAB
- CPT LeShaun Smith, Team Leader, 1st Battalion of the 5th SFAB
- Nzinga Curry, AUSA’s Director of Education & Programs
- LTC Brittany Lloyd, AUSA Army Fellow
5th SFAB Social Media Platforms:
Recommendations for future topics are welcome via email at email@example.com.